In this 1-hour webinar (which serves as Part 1 in a 2-part webinar series), NCHE staff members provide an overview of important foundational concepts outlined in the McKinney-Vento Act. Specifically, the webinar will explore:
- The role of the local homeless education liaison;
- Determining eligibility for McKinney-Vento rights and services;
- A homeless student's right to school selection;
- The immediate school enrollment of homeless students;
- The provision of school of origin and comparable transportation;
- The resolution of disputes; and
- Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through interactive polls and discussion periods.
Presenters: NCHE Staff
Register for this event.
All times are Eastern Time Zone. Please remember to adjust for your time zone.