Description: In this webinar, staff members from the U.S. Department of Education and the National Center for Homeless Education will summarize key points related to homeless youths' access to federal financial aid for college. Topics to be covered include:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Basics
- FAFSA changes for 2017-2018, including the new "early FAFSA" and "prior prior tax year" practices
- An overview of the calculation of federal aid for dependent and independent students
- Determining and documenting independent student status for unaccompanied homeless youth
- Resources for more information Presenters also will provide ample time for attendee questions.
Presenters: Kerri Moseley-Hobbs, Office of Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education, John McLaughlin, Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) Program, U.S. Department of Education, Christina Dukes, National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE)
Register for this event.
Please remember to adjust for your time zone.