In this webinar, presenters from the National
Center for Homeless Education and Child Care Aware of America will explore
legislative requirements and implementation strategies for serving young
homeless children under the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Program.
Presenters from the Alabama Departments of Education and Human Resources also
will discuss the development of a state-level collaboration to serve homeless
families under CCDF in Alabama. Topics to be covered include:
- Child Care and Development Block Grant Act (CCDBG)
provisions related to serving young homeless children and their families
- Requirements for reporting data on young homeless children
served by CCDF providers, including understanding the definition of homeless to
be used for data collection purposes
- Provisions related to young homeless children included in
the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Program Notice of Proposed
Rulemaking (draft regulations)
- State- and local-level strategies for collaborating to
improve services to young homeless children and their families
Presenters will allow ample time to respond to questions.
- Christina Dukes, National Center for Homeless Education
- Kim Engelman, Child Care Aware of America
- Jeanetta Green, Alabama Department of Human Resources
- LaDonna Rudolph, Alabama Department of Education
Register for this event.
Please remember to adjust for your time zone.