What is NESP?
The Nonprofit Evaluation Support Program (NESP) is a collaborative effort between two UNCG organizations and the Guilford Nonprofit Consortium with the mission of providing program evaluation services and program evaluation capacity building support to nonprofit and community-based organizations while providing authentic learning experiences for future leaders in the field of program evaluation.
How does NESP work?
Currently, NESP can support nonprofit organizations in two ways:
1. Individual requests and customized responses: A nonprofit or community-based organization interested in requesting assistance with evaluation, data collection, or evaluation capacity building, or other evaluation services (see list of current offerings below), can contact our Referral Desk at UNCG (hosted by the Institute for Community and Economic Engagement (ICEE).
The Referral Desk can be reached via telephone and email:
(A staff member will respond to your inquiry within 48 business hours.)
2. Workshops, webinars, online courses, etc. on evaluation topics: NESP will work with the nonprofit leaders in the Piedmont Triad community to regularly identify high priority common training needs for staff in program evaluation. Registration is open for workshops available to Guilford Nonprofit Consortium members.
Meet the NESP Partners.
Two organizations within UNCG join together to engage and partner with the Guilford Nonprofit Consortium to provide program evaluation support and capacity building to the nonprofit community.
· SERVE Center – with more than 20 years of experience, SERVE Center has conducted over 100 evaluations with both quantitative and qualitative methodologies in areas that include K-12 education, workforce development, and total quality management.
· OAERS – The Office of Assessment, Evaluation, and Research Services (OAERS) is a division of the Department of Educational Research Methodology (ERM) at UNCG that provides consulting services in the areas of research methodology, data analysis, assessment and measurement, and program evaluation. The OAERS consulting teams include faculty members and highly qualified graduate students.
· Guilford Nonprofit Consortium – is a collaborative of nonprofit organizations in Guilford County, NC, that fosters mutual assistance and support within the nonprofit community to create a more efficient and effective nonprofit sector.