About the SERVE Center
The SERVE Center at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a university-based research, development, dissemination, evaluation, and technical assistance center. For more than 20 years, we have worked with educators and policymakers to improve education. Permeating everything we do is our commitment to engaging collaboratively with our clients to do high quality, important and useful work. We provide customized technical assistance to policymakers and practitioners. Our research efforts includes everything from large scale experimental studies to small scale qualitative work on topics ranging from early childhood to high school reform. We conduct project evaluations for states, districts, schools, and organizations. We also publish syntheses of research and specialize in making complex topics accessible. Our goal is to support your efforts to improve education.
Through research, data, and evaluation, we provide our clients with valuable insights they need to make strategic decisions.
What SERVE Center can do for you:
· Plan and conduct a needs assessment to inform your strategic or program planning.
· Assess the quality or fidelity of implementation of a program or initiative.
· Collect survey, interview, or focus group data for program improvement.
· Collect and synthesize information about what other districts or schools are doing to address a key issue or problem.
· Develop easy-to-digest summaries of research or data for specific audiences.
· Find or adapt an instrument or assessment to provide data.
· Develop a proposal evaluation plan.
· Conduct an evaluation of program impact or effectiveness.
· Enhance your organization's internal capacity for using research, data, and evaluation.
· Develop high quality and user-friendly publications and training materials to increase organizational knowledge and capacity.
View a listing of some of our recent and current sponsored projects